Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cense Ltd. helps organizations see their program and product offerings through a new lens to achieve greater impact. We work mostly with non-profits, healthcare, government, and foundations to achieve social and health impact through research, strategy, and design.
Our strategic services are designed to help organizations learn more about what they do, how they do it, and work with them to better design their work to achieve their highest impact.
We do this through:
1.Program Evaluation and Research: Our Credentialed Evaluation (CE) services provide insight into program operations and their outcomes to help organizations identify and assess potential areas of development and enhancement while improving accountability.
We specialize in developmental evaluation and conduct in-depth research on specific topics to provide organizations with the highest-quality evidence needed to make informed strategic decisions.
2. Service Design and Innovation Development: We help organizations learn and design their programs and services to innovate strategically and sustainably. Drawing on
3. Training and Education: We offer general and customized training in areas of design thinking and innovation, program evaluation and research, and organizational development & transformation. We provide professional training from basic to advanced drawing on our award-winning teaching methods and evidence-based approaches to adult education.
Your challenges are unique so why not create a team that is designed to meet them?
At Cense we:
+ Support strategic decision-making and action through behavioural psychology, research, design, and evaluation;
+ Develop the mindsets, skillsets, and toolsets necessary for organizations to operate at their most creative, sustainable and impactful levels;
+ Enhance people’s potential for joy, excellence, and well-being through their engagement with their work.
Cense was founded in 2005 as CENSE Research + Design and incorporated in 2015 as Cense Ltd. We operate using an Associate model and are led by our Principal and President, Cameron Norman, who brings together leading thinkers, designers, researchers and partners to build the kind of custom teams required for today’s complex problems.
Our company values:
- Discovery and learning and seek to create opportunities for people to find pleasure, pride, and purpose in their work;
- We believe in partnership: that we succeed when our clients do and want to be partners with them in their journey;
- We value creating conditions of possibility in even the most daunting, complex challenges.
- Optimism and hope frame our work;
- Compassion, dignity, and respect are what we cultivate in every relationship with our clients.
Our commitment to sustainability extends from our client work to our operations and infrastructure. We are proud to be powered by Bullfrog Power, a 100% sustainable energy innovator in Canada.
Cense operates out of District28 in Toronto’s Leslieville neighborhood and has meeting rooms, production studios, and collaboration spaces designed to inspire the kind of innovative solutions we’re known for.
Contact us to find out more about how we can help you:
We acknowledge the land on which the Cense operates as the traditional domain of the Huron-Wendat, the Seneca, and more recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River. This land is still the home to First Nations peoples from across Turtle Island, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to inhabit and work here alongside and with them.