You might have a CEO, a CFO, a COO, but do you have a CLO?
A Chief Learning Officer is someone who is responsible for advancing your organization’s understanding of itself, its innovation activities as they support strategy and its impact.
This role supports the integration of knowledge into the fabric of your organization and to achieve a return on your learning investments.
We get the most out of what you’re doing and being able to adapt, grow, and show your impact.
Our fractional Chief Learning Officer service develops an ‘office’ for learning within your organization.
- Data gathering & evaluation design: Set your organization up to learn strategically by collecting the right data at the right time to support decision-making and innovation, by design.
- Prototyping: Develop systems to capture lessons learned and integrate them into your product cycles.
- Sensemaking: Establish processes to convert your data into strategic decisions.
- Integrated learning systems; Establishing a unit- or organization-wide set of practices, tools, and strategies for learning from experience and evidence.
- Learning support: Provide ongoing training and education, including co-learning approaches that keep your team on top of the latest evidence from inside and outside the organization.
Get the most from your innovation efforts and amplify their effects. Contact us to learn more about our CLO service and how we can help you become a true learning organization in practice, not just in theory.